Epic Downtime is Scheduled for Thursday, February 11, from 3-5am
- An AlertUs message will flash on every computer screen to warn users at 2:45 am to log off.
- After this AlertUs message is seen, orders are held in the system until downtime ends. Therefore STAT orders should follow a downtime process immediately.
- Users can use View–Only SRO (Supports Read-Only) – Epic is available in a read only mode as of the point in time the system went to downtime. Reports are available.
- No new entries can be made into the system during the downtime – no new orders, documentation, ADT and new results will not display.
- Follow Department’s downtime procedures and use downtime forms.
- Epic will be available to Registration prior to everyone else so any new admissions and ADT information can be entered first.
- An AlertUs message will flash when the system is back up for everyone.
- After the system returns, follow Department’s downtime procedure and enter orders, documentation into Epic.
- Clarity reports will not be available until after 1 pm.
Weekly JHM Ambulatory and Inpatient Optimization Update: Click here.
OR Committee/Department of Surgery Meeting Next Week
The next Operating Room Committee meeting will be combined with the Department of Surgery meeting and will be held on Thursday, February 11, 2016 at 7:00AM in Conference Rooms 6 & 7 on the lower level of the hospital.
Johns Hopkins Compliance Hotline: New Contact Information
Effective Monday, January 25, 2016 the Johns Hopkins Compliance Hotline number changed to
1-844-SPEAK2US (1-844-773-2528). The website is now JohnsHopkinsSPEAK2US.tnwreports.com.
The Compliance Hotline is available to report serious concerns about illegal or unethical behavior. You may make a confidential report through this new, toll-free 24 hour/7 day-a-week compliance hotline. Reports can be made anonymously and will be treated seriously and discreetly.
This phone number and website replaced the previous WE COMPLY hotline and website. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Jenny Tarsha, Suburban Hospital Compliance Program Manager, at x2669.
Reserve Your Spot Today!
4th Annual Johns Hopkins Medical Staff Leadership Retreat
Please join us on Friday, April 8 from 7:15am to 2:30pm for the 4th annual Johns Hopkins Medical Staff Leadership Retreat at the Chevy Chase Club. Topics will include “Thriving” vs. Surviving During Times of Change: The Science of Enhancing Resilience presented by Bryan Sexton, PhD, Duke University Patient Safety Center and Empowering Physicians to Take Care of Themselves presented by Thomas Murphy, MD, founder of Heal Thyself MD. 5.5 CME credits will be awarded.
Click here for all the details and the agenda. Continental breakfast and a buffet lunch will be provided. This event is sponsored by Johns Hopkins Bayview Medical Center, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Howard County General Hospital and Suburban Hospital.
Space is limited. To register, call Alethea Johnson at 301-896-3339 or email her at email@example.com.
Message from Johns Hopkins Medicine Regarding Fraudulent Tax Filings
During the 2015 tax season, several members of the JHM faculty and staff made us aware that fraudulent tax filings were made on their behalf. Click here for important information that may help keep you from becoming a victim of identity theft. You should, of course, consult with your tax preparer if you have questions or concerns.
Suburban Hospital Grand Rounds
EMR Documentation: Proper Documentation for More Money in Your Pocket
Friday, February 5, 2016 | 8-9 am | SH Auditorium
Nareesa Mohammed-Rajput, MD, Medical Director, Epic
Karen Joyner, Director, Clinical Documentation Improvement
To see the objectives for this presentation, click here.
Call 301-896-3869 with questions.
The 2016 Grand Rounds schedule is here.
Johns Hopkins Medicine Department of Surgery Grand Rounds
Sinai Hospital – Rhonda Fishel, MD Trauma/Critical Care Lectureship: Women in Surgery, A Brief History
Thursday, February 4, 2016| 7:30-8:30am | Live via Streaming Video |
Preeti R. John, M.B.B.S., M.P.H., FACS
Acting Chief SICU
Baltimore VA Medical Center
To watch this week’s presentation from your computer, click here.
Please note: Any provider attending the live stream in the Suburban Hospital Physician Lounge conference room will obtain the same CME credits as attending in person in Baltimore.